Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Design 2 Class, Artwork 2

Alice Cook
I just finished my Design 2 class and pictured here is my final artwork for the class.  It is a three dimensional sculpture with wood and metal rods.  I had to combine a wrench and a violin in order to create this artwork per teachers instruction.  For this sculpture I wanted it to be clean and efficient and visually pleasing.  The wood is part of the wrench and the metal rods represent the four strings of the violin and the tuning pegs.  What bothered me this semester in my Design 2 and Drawing 2 class was that our creations were called projects, not artworks.  My approach was to create artworks this semester, not student projects.  I believe that when labeling it an artwork compared to a project, the student will approach it differently.  So I just relabeled it in my mind and made artworks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment