Friday, September 6, 2013

Landscape in Oil

Around five months ago I decided to tackle a landscape in oil paint with a bit of a twist.  I decided that the two canvases would be hinged together.  They would be identical landscapes, but one would have a hole with shattered glass across it.  So off I went to my local home depot to get some cabinet hinges, which worked great on the gallery wrapped canvases.  It was a challenge to paint the same landscape on both canvases, but it worked out.  Then I added the shattered glass effect to the second canvas.  The artwork is called Things Change, and I guess it could be considered that it makes a statement about society, but either way it was a joy to paint.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting and cool!! The hinging alone is really a neat idea, but to use this theme w/ it really makes it fascinating!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete