Friday, August 30, 2013

Design 1 Continued

Alice Cook
At my local college, another Design 1 project was an extension of the previous project (see August 28th post).  Taking two elements from the previous project and incorporating them into the new project.  This project required me to paint my self-portrait as it faded into the background.  I could only use primary colors with just white and black paint.  So as you see (see picture), my self-portrait is blended into the background with the circles and branches on top of my face.  The painting is done in acrylic and is 9" X 9" done on bristol board.  For me, in Design 1, when we incorporated color in the second half of the semester, was when I got excited.  There is something special about color on how it can affect us.  Enjoy!

1 comment: