Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Seurat and Jim Ferguson

When I was at a comic convention recently, I was in Artist Alley looking for artwork that was different from the usual superhero artwork.  Then I came across Jim Ferguson's table.  Behind him was a large sign with artwork from various movies, it caught my eye.  Looking at the artwork on the table I realized that he was taking shots from famous movies and painting them with ink.  The artwork was original and dynamic.  He was really able to capture the scene that I remembered so well.  The picture here is from the famous movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  This scene is from the Art Institute of Chicago, where Bueller's friend is looking at Seurat's painting, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte, a painting done in pointillism by Seurat.  Enjoy! 

Jim Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment