Thursday, August 29, 2013

Passion and the Arts

Passion is a good thing, especially in the arts.  Without passion one cannot sustain an artistic career over the years.  I do not want my artwork to be boring or lacking passion, passion about art is what gets me up in the morning.  According to Eric Maisel, "you will not be able to muster passion all the time...you may go for days just forcing yourself to show up at your creative work.  That forcing and that showing up are honorable and necessary."  I totally agree with this.  There has been many times that I just show up in my studio and put forth effort to get some artwork done.  Sometimes I only do fifteen minutes of art, but as I say, "a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing."  So keep showing up and it will pay off.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment