Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Social Media Avatar as Art

My Avatar
According to Wikipedia, "In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. It may take either a three-dimensional form, as in games or virtual worlds, or a two-dimensional form as an icon in Internet forums and other online communities. It is an object representing the user. The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user."  For the fun of it, I created an avatar using a free avatar generating website (see picture).  I simply typed in a word that represents my character, I went with "strong."  The "We can do it" woman came on screen with other choices.  I had the chance to modify it, but I enjoy the image so much that I only performed some cropping.  Some avatar generating websites are quite complex and they use digital photos of oneself to create an avatar.  I can see how artists can be quite creative in making their own graphical representation.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment