Monday, January 6, 2014

Drawing 2, Assignment 3

Alice Cook, 2013
For assignment 3, I was to create an artwork using watercolor.  I started with watercolor paper that had a black and white photo of the campus of the school I attend lightly printed on it.  Then I proceeded to apply 5 layers of transparent watercolor to the paper.  The first layer was wet in wet with merging of the colors allowed.  The second layer pulled out shapes from a grid drawing I drew on the paper.  For the third layer I pulled out shapes from the actual photo printed on the paper.  The final two layers were concerned with the unity of the painting and allowing the viewer's eye to move throughout the painting.  I enjoyed doing it, especially having the photo printed on the paper (see picture).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment